Truth is where you find it.

Truth is where you find it.
Love: All humans have God-value; treat yourself and others accordingly.

Monday, June 4, 2012

Qoheleth Haiku 2:3


3I searched with my mind how to cheer my body with wine--
my mind still guiding me with wisdom--
and how to lay hold on folly, 
until I might see what was good for mortals 
to do under heaven during the few days of their life.

Seeking for value
What is there worth pursuing
Of all we pursue

Of wine and wisdom
We may give either control
Each may control us

Wisdom over wine
One must remain in control
Of one’s behavior

We define folly
The opposite of wisdom
Seen as amoral

Folly has value
As alcohol has value
In how we use them

On what should we spend
Our hours and our energy
That which benefits

It’s morning it’s night
Another day slips away
And soon life is gone

No comments:

Post a Comment