Truth is where you find it.

Truth is where you find it.
Love: All humans have God-value; treat yourself and others accordingly.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Depression


All my pictures now are twisted;
I have lost hold of what was truth.
I know that I’m growing older;
And that I’ve lost the strength youth.

My pictures that are fantasies
Obliterate reality:
I cannot tell the good from bad;
I’m having trouble knowing me.

The preacher tells me that I’ve sinned;
And I have no rebuttal there;
For sometimes I will question grace
And ask God if he really cares.

When morning dawns with darkness,
And I cannot get out of bed,
Lying there, the darkness deepens;
I sometimes wish that I were dead.

But life lies there beside of me,
Oblivious to my pain:
I must rise in my depression,
Get up, and face the world again.

©2012, Qoheleth


No comments:

Post a Comment