Truth is where you find it.

Truth is where you find it.
Love: All humans have God-value; treat yourself and others accordingly.

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Qoheleth Haiku 2:15


15Then I said to myself, 
"What happens to the fool will happen to me also; 
why then have I been so very wise?" 
And I said to myself that this also is vanity.

Life is no respecter
Of one’s mental qualities
All have the same needs

Death is no respecter
Of one’s moral condition
Everyone will die

Things we can’t control
Occur to all in common
Even unique ones

The wisest will die
Perhaps he already has
Or should I say “she”

How does the sage know
That he has been very wise
Does someone tell him

Who instructs the wise
Don’t they tell him at the start
What his end will be

As a fading breath
When the wise man breathes his last
He fades with the fool

No comments:

Post a Comment